Without language, all our expressions would have to be just like any other animal. Therefore, the acquisition of our own linguistics by sharing our thoughts and feelings of happiness in people is a unique achievement for us as human beings. The language has given us its own unique identity. Many philosophical knowledge came from the acquisition of language education and knowledge. The German philosopher has given the utmost importance to the role of language in the formation of a fictitious nation, we know.
Importance of Mother Tongue
Learning the mother tongue is a birthright of every human being. Today there is no disagreement over whether motherhood should be the medium of education. Because it is not possible in other languages to convey the form of the mind except the mother tongue. Every man has respect for his native tongue. So, the mother tongue is sweeter than all other languages. The language in which children first learn to speak in childhood. The mother tongue should first be familiar with the color of the language. Then he must advance in higher education through language. If the mother tongue cannot be fully mastered, it will not be possible to gain full knowledge of it. Speaking in the mother tongue or expressing the feeling of joy that is not found in any other language.
That is why it is said that there are several general benefits to learning and thinking through the mother tongue. In an independent country, the mother tongue will continue to become a medium of education. The importance of written language is more than speaking. So if everything is written in the mother tongue, there will be no barrier to the students’ education. If you find it’s difficult to obtain education then no one will flee with the locksmith of books. Why was the language movement in different country including Bangladesh, or India? The only answer to these questions is to deny or humiliate the mother tongue, to insult yourself, to humiliate your mother. The movement for language was to establish these claims. When the children of a country go to higher education in Japan and Germany, they first have to learn the languages of those countries. So they are not rich in the language of that country? Are they lacking in science at all? So the importance of mother tongue must be given.
Teaching through mother tongue can easily hold a human heart. Students find joy in teaching and learning. Students can gain proficiency in any language if they can make the knot very strong through the mother tongue. The only way to make the country lighten from the darkness of education is to make education easier. In order to promote education in general, the medium of education must be on the mother tongue. If the minds of the country store their thoughts in the library through their mother tongue, it can easily touch the hearts of the students of the country.
The mother tongue is a natural language. The joy that is learned through this language is not in any other language. Moreover, learning and mastering a foreign language can be difficult. Therefore, no nation in the world could prosper without the knowledge of the mother tongue. As long as Latin was practiced in Europe, the culture of national culture was almost blocked there. Ever since Europeans adopted Latin and adopted mother tongue, there has been a great national improvement.
Necessity and usefulness of the mother tongue:
It is possible for the true development of the mind, intellect, creativity, and imagination of the people of the country without the shelter of the mother tongue. The famous scholar’s statement is pertinent.
- The expression of daily thoughts, happiness, sorrow, hope, hopelessness, joy and pain are expressed in the mother tongue. Therefore, the mother tongue is not as good as other languages.
- By learning the mother tongue, students can easily master it. In the mother tongue, it is so easy to understand the feeling, it is not possible in any other language. On the other hand, there is no basis for the straightforwardness of languages other than the mother tongue. The student wastes physical and mental energy considerably by learning other languages.
- As mother tongues become knowledgeable in different languages, they lose their enthusiasm for learning by giving equal importance to both subject and vehicle. It is not possible to speak or write purely a language without effort. It is also a waste of time to master the medium of education. Which is personally, socially and nationally harmful.
- Education through mother tongue can forge a deep connection with the traditions, teachings, and cultures associated with the history of the country.
- The respect to the soil and the people of the country, the consciousness of responsibility towards them is developed through the mother tongue. The domination of foreign languages gave rise to foreign liberation and impotence.
- Mother’s tongue is necessary to connect the child with mother, with country, with nature.
- The need of mother tongue is unacceptable for the prosperity of the country and the nation.
- The mother tongue or the indigenous language – there can be no other language easier than the mother tongue. Because after birth, one grew up in the shelter and atmosphere of this language. So, there is no substitute for mother tongue.
Language is not just a set of words. It involves emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fantasies. Without language, nothing can be thought or imagined in our minds.
We may have noticed that only people know the language. No other organism has this ability to express one’s mind. Why not? Because even though they have a voice, it has no connection with the part of the brain that accomplishes the task of thinking. There are people, so people can talk. It can express the mind in a language.
Only through mother tongue can people express their best thoughts and minds. Linguists have done a lot of research on this topic. The importance of the mother tongue is because the basis of mother tongue begins to be formed before being born as a full-fledged child.
Within the first few weeks of embryonic development in the mother’s womb, the nerve cell is formed through cell division. These cells help in the formation of the nervous system or nervous system in stages and this is when the onset of tactile sensation begins. It is these nerve cells that begin to form vital organs for human life. Through the process of brain formation, the child is about to be born with the spiritual connection of the mother’s thoughts and emotions.
The mother has been talking to her since she was a baby. In just a few weeks, she realizes that her mother’s words will make her laugh, and she will complain. Before the child learns to speak, virtually the mind can express itself through different sounds. This is where the importance of mother tongue is. The child dominates the mother tongue the most easily and it is her own language. So in the mother tongue, a child can learn, understand and think best.
Scientists have found that he is more attentive if he can master the mother tongue. He understands everything in a hurry. In all cases, he can move forward effortlessly. His personality attracts everyone. Not only this, but the growth of GDP also increases with the efficiency of the mother tongue. Economists say that ten percent proficiency in mother tongue increases by 8 percent of better success in life.
It is much easier for a child who has mastered the mother tongue to learn one or two foreign languages. As a result, he can easily enter the world of knowledge. For this reason, in Europe and America, the emphasis is placed on children learning two languages in addition to the mother tongue. It develops the child’s knowledge. He is smarter and his thinking is much faster.
That’s why Mother Tongue Is Important:
Mother tongue is the nectar chemistry of human life. Today, in all the civilized countries of the world, efforts are being made to initiate education through the mother tongue. Mother tongue is also at the root of the development of art, trade, knowledge, science. The Mother tongue is being taught in universities in many countries and all those countries have earned respect by showing improvement everywhere. People of the world today agree on learning through the mother tongue. All those who have patriotism in their hearts will respect the mother tongue. Otherwise, disaster will come down in our national life.